Up and Coming Indie Publisher Makes Trade Show Debut at PAX East with a Spooky BoOoOoth, Hands-On Demos, a Merch Store, and Maybe a Haunting or Two
“Almost two years after the release of our very first game, DreadXP will soon celebrate its growth as a games publisher by making its debut at PAX East 2022,” said Ted Hentschke, Head of Productions at DreadXP. “We’re all extremely excited to exhibit at the show for the first time and offer hands-on demos to attendees. And while we’ll never truly leave behind the grungy, dark dwelling where the company’s humble beginnings originated from, we’re excited to see DreadXP enter the big leagues and spread our “positively spooky” brand of games to more fans. We’re only just getting started as well.”
Attendees can go hands-on with each title from DreadXP’s PAX East 2022 Line-Up:
- Dread Delusion: An open world RPG with a retro-aesthetic that’s brimming with strange places and dark perils. Carve your own path through the flying continents of a shattered land. Discover curious towns, unearth occult secrets, master powerful magic, and change the world through your choices.
- My Friendly Neighborhood: Step into the work-boots of Gordon, a repairman tasked with shutting down the sudden broadcast of a canceled childrens’ TV show. Back in the day, fans loved the show’s colorful cast of kooky puppet pals who took them on educational adventures and delighted them with fun games. But the show’s popularity waned over time, and the studio had to ultimately shut its doors. Then, one night years later, the show suddenly reappears for a surprise encore… are those puppets eating each other!?
- The Mortuary Assistant: Having completed your degree in mortuary sciences, you have taken on an apprenticeship at River Fields Mortuary. You have heard rumors of families believing that their deceased loved ones in your care were possessed or otherwise entangled with the paranormal. Late one night, you are called into work to handle some embalmings. The phone rings with the Mortician on the other end. The rumors are true, and you can not leave.
- SPOOKWARE Multiplayer: An all-new multiplayer mode is coming to SPOOKWARE, DreadXP’s fast-paced microgame collection inspired by classic horror icons. Attendees at PAX East 2022 will be first to try out the new mode.
- Sucker for Love: First Date: Released last January, DreadXP’s Lovecraftian dating sim visual novel has become a smash-hit! If you somehow missed the game (このバカ!), check it out at PAX East. In the game, you must conduct occult rituals in order to romance a trio of bubbly Eldritch horrors. You’ll face many terrors in this quest to obtain a smoosh from an elder god. Good luck.
Attendees can find DreadXP on the PAX East show floor at Booth #20079, in the Boston Convention & Exhibition Center, from April 21 – April 24, 2022 during Expo Hall hours (10:00 AM – 6:00 PM ET).
A spinoff of its parent site Dread Central, DreadXP is a game studio, publisher, and media company championing the horror genre. The company transitioned into video game development and publishing in 2020 with Dread X Collection. DreadXP has since released three Dread X Collection sequels, SPOOKWARE, Sucker for Love: First Date, and several freeware titles such as BAD BEN. PAX East 2022 marks the publisher’s first major trade show appearance as an exhibitor.
DreadXP is an indie horror production and publication label that focuses on unique, experimental titles that have been overlooked by the bigger labels. The company is passionate about creating a positive horror community with a focus on supporting developers and delivering the unique content genre fans crave. Previously released titles include the Dread X Collection series, Spookware, and Sucker for Love: First Date. To learn more about DreadXP, please visit www.dreadxp.com.
CJ Melendez and Alex Handziuk
Press Kit: uberstrategist.link/DreadXP-