Strap in for a truly wondrous adventure — Dr. Gearbox needs your help!
The first playable demo of The Mechanical World of Dr. Gearbox from Flamehawk Studios is available now as part of Steam Next Fest: October Edition! You can go hands-on with the genre-bending turn-based RPG until October 7th.
The Mechanical World of Dr. Gearbox is an educational turn-based RPG that challenges the way young people, parents, and teachers engage with e-learning games. Players will explore a vast world full of diverse characters and mythical creatures, driven by a compelling story and a battle system rooted in answering quiz questions to power up abilities, charge spells, and unlock loot. The game features a selection of 40 STEM lessons, handcrafted by academic advisors and story writers; parents and teachers also have the ability to insert their own curriculum into the game, allowing students to interact with their homework in a truly fun and engaging way.
Key Features of The Mechanical World of Dr. Gearbox Include:
- A realistic world outfitted with charming and mystical characters. Build a team of trusted partners that will take part in battles on your behalf.
- Four primary zones based on real regions in North America, such as Kerhonkson, New York, and Jasper, Alberta
- An enthralling, high-stakes adventure where knowledge is the strongest weapon at the player’s disposal
- Dynamic turn-based combat — the more problems solved and questions answered correctly, the stronger your spells and attacks will be and the more loot you earn
- Highly customizable character creation, boasting many atypical options including wheelchairs, prosthetic limbs, eyeglasses, hearing implant, alopecia, vitiligo, heterochromia, and more, ensuring any player can feel represented
- Wonderous collectible critters that can be added to your party, each providing unique advantages in battle
The Mechanical World of Dr. Gearbox will make its way to Steam this winter. Play the official demo now during Steam Next Fest here.
A press kit containing screenshots, key art, trailers, GIFS, and logos can be found here: https://uberstrategist.link/
Thank you in advance for sharing this news with your readers. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to reach out. Happy Next Fest!