Prolific Retro Publisher Unveils Their New Sports Management Simulation that Puts Players in the Role of Boxing and Business Manager
Ziggurat Interactive, publisher of multiplatform retro and modern games, today announced the addition of World Championship Boxing Manager 2 to their roster of upcoming titles. Set for release in spring 2022, the game is the official sequel to 1991’s highly regarded World Championship Boxing Manager and will offer players a winning one-two punch of business tycoon and boxing simulation gameplay. This iteration not only captures the essence of the original, but expands upon it, offering updated visuals, deeper gameplay with RPG-like skill selection, and new characters based on former pro boxers Rocky Marciano™ and Sugar Ray Robinson™.
Get ready to rock the ring this Spring when World Championship Boxing Manager 2 arrives on PC (Steam and GOG.com), PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch!
World Championship Boxing Manager 2 adds a stadium’s worth of new features via Twitch integration for streamers. Various features allow a streamer’s chat to activate a variety of in-game effects. For example, “Viewer Controlled Crowds” can push the in-game crowd to perform cheers, chants, or animations like “the wave.” Similarly, audience members can buff or debuff the streamer’s (or the opponent’s) stats and strategies!
Interested in getting a first look? Sign up to join our closed beta test at ziggurat.games/beta.
Features of World Championship Boxing Manager 2 include:
- A modernization of a heavy-hitting classic that combines boxing simulation with tycoon-styled management gameplay
- An awesome stable of sluggers and staff, including licensed characters Rocky Marciano™ and Sugar Ray Robinson™!
- 32-bit visuals with modern features including dynamic lighting and fight cam to watch your fighter duke it out in real-time
- A Story Mode with branching paths adds replayability and encourages players to take on the challenges of each in their own way
- An extensive skills point system lets players build the pugilist of their dreams. Be it a hard-hitting ring king, a one-punch wonder, or a super stamina warrior of the knock-down-drag-out fight; it’s up to the player to create a training path to victory
- An in-depth tutorial system for teaching newcomers to boxing what it’s all about
- A complete hiring system lets players ensure they have the best training team (and business managers) for their fighters — even if some of that staff might be a little unorthodox
- Twitch integration allows streamers and their viewers to take part in the experience together, getting the in-game crowd pumped up, placing viewer names on ringside banners, and allowing the audience to even trigger special in-match events
- Jam-packed with the humor, heart, and personality that made the original game so popular!
A press kit for Ziggurat Interactive is available here: https://uberstrategist.link/
About Ziggurat Interactive
Ziggurat Interactive was launched in late 2019 with the goal of preserving and expanding the legacy of video games. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, Ziggurat creates and celebrates games — expanding the audience for both retro and new titles by making them accessible to all types of players across multiple platforms.
About Mega Cat Studios
Based in Pittsburgh, PA, Mega Cat Studios is a creative first video game developer with a retro ethos and a culture of innovation. Their library of past titles includes modern platform releases as well as retro, cartridge-only experiences At their core, they are a passionate global team of game developers and artists who seek to create meaningful experiences through their games and services.
Rocky Marciano™ is a trademark of the Family of Rocky Marciano.
Sugar Ray Robinson™ is a trademark of Sugar Ray Robinson Licensing & Properties.
World Championship Boxing Manager is a trademark of Ziggurat Interactive in the United States and other countries. All rights reserved.
Ted Brockwood and Tabitha Beidleman