BIG Festival 2022 a Smashing Success with 1.6 million People Attending the Hybrid Event Digitally and In-person
Another year from Best International Games Festival (BIG Festival) 2022 — the largest games festival in Latin America — has come and gone and Brazil Games (the Brazilian Games Export Program), which is carried out by Abragames (Brazilian Games Companies Association) and ApexBrasil (Brazilian Trade and Investment Promotion Agency), are excited to announce this year’s BIG Festival 2022 Awards Winners! The jury comprised a variety of 48 professionals from across the video game industry. The ceremony can be viewed online here.
The grand prize winner of the coveted Best Game award at BIG Festival 2022 was awarded to Gamedec by Polish developers Anshar Studios. Set in a cyberpunk isometric virtual world, Gamedec puts the players in the shoes of a game detective, who must solve crimes inside these virtual worlds.
- Best Game: Latin America Award — The Eternal Cylinder by ACE Team
- Innovation Award — One Hand Clapping by Bad Dream Games
- Best Multiplayer Award — DAVIGO by Davigo Studio
- Best Mobile Game Award — Wish Me Luck by Black Moluska
- BIG Impact: Best Game Diversity Award — Unpacking by Witch Beam
- BIG Impact: Best Educational Game Award — Flying Bunk by Plot Kids
- BIG Impact: Best Social Questions Game Award — Train to Sachsenhausen by Charles Games
- Best Sound Award — Inua: A Story in Ice and Team by ARTE France
- Best XR/VR Award — Goliath: Playing with Reality by Anagram
- Best Game BIG Brands Award — Jorel’s Brother and the Most Important of the Galaxy! By Double Dash Studios/Copa Studios
- Best Student Game Award— Lysfangha by Daphné DELOFFRE – Baptiste MARSAC
- Best Narrative Award — The Forgotten City by Modern Storyteller
- Best Gameplay Award — Dodgeball Academy by Pocket Trap
- BIG Festival Professional Area: The event generated a staggering amount of business partnerships and opportunities, and this year a whopping 5,856 scheduled business meetings were attended by over 1,350 professionals.
- BIG Play Area: An astonishing 1.6 million players attend the hybrid event, with 29,800 appearing in person at the Festival. Partner platforms had an impact of over 90 million, over 300 million across social platforms, and generated an impact of over 18.5 million across media partners.
With industry giants like Epic and Nintendo forming close relationships and partnerships with Brazilian Studios, BIG Festival is an incredible opportunity for business development in one of the hottest gaming markets in the world.
Brazil is now the largest market by games revenues in LATAM and #12 in the world in 2022. The $2.3 billion (USD) Brazilian games industry has seen explosive growth over the last several years, with the number of local gamers reaching a staggering 94.7 million as of 2021. The mobile gaming market accounts for nearly half the revenue, and is the fastest growing sector, however, both console and PC account for $657 million and $556 million respectively.
Follow Brazil Games on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram to learn more about the many talented studios and companies, and to keep up to date with their achievements.
A full press kit can be found here: https://uberstrategist.link/
About Brazil Games
The Brazil Games Export Program, is the export program created by the Brazilian Game Companies Association, ABRAGAMES, in partnership with ApexBrasil, the Brazilian Trade and Investment Promotion Agency. Our goal is to promote the Brazilian Game industry internationally, developing new business opportunities for our companies. The Brazil Games Program also promotes Brazil as the hub for business in Latin America and invites buyers, investors and publishers for BIG Festival, Brazil’s Independent Games Festival, the most important international indie games festival and the hub for international business in Latin America.
About ABRAGAMES Brazilian Game Companies Association
Abragames, the Brazilian Game Companies Association, was founded in 2004 and represents Brazilian studios developing games in various platforms. Besides catalyzing the game production in the country by training and promoting expertise, Abragames aims at making Brazilian creativity and technology available to the main players of the international game industry.
The Brazilian Trade and Investment Promotion Agency (ApexBrasil) works to promote Brazilian products and services abroad, and to attract foreign investment to strategic sectors of the Brazilian economy. The Agency supports more than 12,000 companies from 80 different industries, which in turn export to 200 markets. ApexBrasil also plays a key role in attracting foreign direct investment to Brazil, working to detect business opportunities, promoting strategic events and providing support to foreign investors interested in allocating resources in Brazil.